Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Regency Chemise: Completed

Once I'd unpicked the sleeve from the neckhole, it was pretty simple to finish. The gussets are wonderful. I serged all my raw edges to prevent fraying but ran out of thread on one of the loopers and of course had no replacement cones (if you have a serger you know exactly what this feels like...). I made the bias tape neckline a bit on the narrow side by sewing it with a 3/8" seam, when it should have been 1/4", but I was too lazy to pick it out. It'll do. The nice thing about bias tape is that it doesn't fray :)

Aside from stitching the hem, it's done! I may not do that until much later in the future. It's serged, and it'll be under the dresses where no one will ever see them.

On to the pictures!

Photobucket
The front.


Photobucket
Close up of the drawstring front. I used 3/8" ribbon.

Photobucket
A close-up of the sleeve and gusset.

Photobucket
The back.

Photobucket
So modest :)

Photobucket
With the short stays on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HSM '15 #6: Out of Your Comfort Zone:1840's Dress, Part 3

Part One (Introduction) , Part Two (Bodice and partial sleeves) December 2015 Well friends, I did finish my dress in time for the challe...