Saturday, September 3, 2011

Adventures in Cooking: Hamburger Soup

The weather has been a little chilly, even for the beginning of September. I wanted a little warmth in my meal. This soup is soup-er easy to prepare, and is very hearty! Serve with cheese toast.

Hamburger Soup
Recipe source.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
  • 3/4 cup elbow macaroni

Directions

  1. In a saute pan, brown ground beef, over medium heat.
  2. In a large stock pot, combine broth, water, onion soup mix, tomato sauce, celery, onion, frozen vegetables and macaroni. Bring to a boil and then simmer until macaroni is done.
  3. Add browned ground beef, mix and serve.


My Comments

I didn't use any other veggies besides the onion; moose-shaped whole wheat pasta; added some Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; and a splash of beer. I am definitely going to make this again. Reheats very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

1770's Riding Habit

I'm not precisely sure when I decided that I needed a riding habit, but once the idea was there, it needed to happen. It's been on ...